Kyoya Hibari - Katekyo Hitman Reborn 駄目・彗: If we are been chosen to be The Selection, while we have a mission to go Across The Universe, are we live Under The Never Sky? Review Novel

Pages

because my head hurts to think a good title for this post, so don't blame if the title is werid-yeah I know it

this post actually , published for competition from Periplus Bookstore. contains 3 reviews form 3 Yong Adult Novel






Across the universe



Author
Country
Language
English
Genre
Publisher
Razorbill (Penguin)/2011
Media type
Print (Hardcover, Paperback), Audiobook


Novel ini bercerita tentang seorang seorang remaja bernama Amy yang memiliki ibu seorang ilmiuwan dan ayah seorang militer yang sangat penting untuk rencana pengiriman umat manusia ke sebuah planet di sistem Centauri. Perjalanan antariksa yang membutuhkan waktu 300 tahun itu memerlukan pembekuan secara kriogenik untuk menjaga orang-orang penting itu agar dapat hidup nantinya tepat saat pendaratan di planet tersebut, dan tak terkecuali Amy. Sayangnya sebelum mendarat ke planet tujuan,  250 tahun kemudian Amy terbangun dari peti pembekuannya di pesawat luar angkasa yang ditumpaginya , Godspeed. Disana dia bertemu Elder, remaja laki-laki yang tertarik padanya dan merupakan seorang penerus pemimpin di Godspeed. Godspeed dipimpin oleh pemimpin otoriter bernama Eldest yang dimana banyak sekali rahasia-rahasia yang terjadi di Godspeed disimpannya bahkan dari muridnya sendiri, Elder. Dengan bantuan Harley, teman Elder di Godspeed yang dianggap ‘gila’ oleh orang-orang , Amy dan Elder mencoba mengungkap rahasia-rahasia tersebut dan mencari tahu siapa dalang di balik terbukanya peti-peti yang berisi orang beku yang termasuk Amy.
The first thing that caught me to buy this novel is the title. Why? Okay, I love astronomy, and Across the universe is really a promising title for me.
And I love the genres too. Yong adult novel with drama, sci-fi, romance, mystery are always have been my favorite food till right now.
But when I read this novel, it’s not like what I’d expected. To be honest, I didn’t like the main characters, Amy or Older. But it’s not like that I hate them too. I just didn’t feel their feelings. Especially when Amy cried over her dad, actually this kind of scene is the most I usually get cried for But it doesn’t, even I didn’t feel sorry for her.  Maybe because I read the translated version. Or because their characters are not strong or deep at all. And I really hate the scene when Amy almost get rapped by 3 guys. Seriously  is that scene really important to exist? there are many story to make up so she can get a trauma right?
And the story, I don’t know. I think it’s good, but It’s look kinda like The Giver to me. And there’s nothing funny at all in here. Yeah, when I read this my face just look emotionless. Not laugh, not smile or even cry. Yeah, I think the drama is just the storyline of remaining secrets.
But yeah, I finished this novel. So , it actually has something worth-to-read-until-the-end. I like the words of the author used in her first page. I’m really happy that the author give the map of Godspeed :D

I love how the author mentioned the science-thing work in here. Although its not too detailed, even not most of all explained, but I appreciate it. How she explained the progress of chryogenic in here, DNA mutation or anything like that.
My rating for this novel…… 5,8/10 




The Selection
Author
Country
United States
Language
English
Series
Selection
Subject
Futuristic royalty
Genre
Publisher
Publication date
April 24, 2012
Media type
Print, ebook, audiobook
Pages
336 pages
Followed by
The Elite, The One and The Heir, also The Prince, The Guard, The Favourite and The Queen

America Singer adalah gadis berkasta 5 yang merupakan seorang penyanyi/musisi. , America memiliki pacar bernama Aspen , yang berkasta 1 kali dibawahnya dipaksa untuk mendaftar mengikuti The  Selection, kompetisi mencari pasangan untuk pangeran tunggal bernama Maxon. Awalnya, dia mengikuti kompetisi itu dengan keyakinan bahwa dia tidak mungkin lolos sehingga dia dapat melanjutkan hubungannya dengan Aspen ke jenjang yang lebih seirus, tapi ternyata kenyataan berkata lain. Dia dengan 34 perempuan lain nya lolos disaring mengikuti The Selected, dan akan melanjutkan kompetisi nya di istana Prince Maxon. Saat pertemuan pertama dengan Prince Maxim, America mengetahui bahwa Prince Maxim  ternyata tidak seperti yang dibayangkan nya selama ini. Semakin lama dia pun menyadari bahwa dia pun juga tertarik kepada Prince Maxim. Tapi disaat dia mulai mencoba melupakan Aspen,  America malah bertemu dengan Aspen di istana. Apakah dia tetap mempertahankan perasaannya kepada Aspen atau beralih kepada Prince Maxim?
This novel isn’t like what I’ve expected before. When I first reading the summary in the back of the book, I think this story will turned out to be some mystery or thriller story, but…..  it’s not. I don’t know what I must to say about this book. This book isn’t amazing. But not bad either. Okay, It didn’t has a good storyline , but in the other way, the story is actually nice. Maybe, like I said it’s not mystery or thriller book that make you want to run to another pages.  But the emotion in this book that will make you to run to another page.
The main characters are actually likeable. America is cute, strong, okay maybe a bit typical main girl in YA novel, but I like her. She is funny, and that’s why I always smile and laugh while reading this novel. I love the kind of novel that can make you smile and laugh. And I like her character, like she didn’t get easily change her appearance or attitude because she just get a higher caste. Or the way she always remember family, and Aspen. Okay, maybe there’s time that I didn’t like her, especially when she can choose one guy, Aspen or Maxim. How can she accepted the kiss from Maxim, when yesterday she was make out with Aspen. Yeah, and I really hate love triangle.
For Aspen, seriously at first I really like him. How he is cool, loves his family, and how hard working he is for his family and America, because he didn’t want to be a burden especially for America who is a caste above him. But I like Maxim too, how prince-charming he is and nice. But I actually kinda feel pity for both of them, because Aspen has a low caste and Maxim hasn’t many romance experience. But I think , maybe those are make this novel more interesting in other way.
For the story, like I said before, it’s nice. But there’s something that disturbing me. The scene where there’re rebels attacked the palace. I just think those scene haven’t been explained detailed by the author. And I think it’s not important at all
My rating for this novel….. 6,5/10



Under the never sky
Author
Country
Language
English
Genre
Publication date
January 3, 2012
Media type
Print (Hardback)
Pages
374
Followed by
Through the Ever Night

Cerita ini bermula dari tokoh utama perempuan yang berusia 17 tahun bernama Aria yang tinggal di kota futuristik yang tertutup dari dunia luar, Reverie . Saat sedang mencari tahu keberadaan ibunya yang merupakan seorang ilmuwan ternama  ,Aria bertemu dengan Perry di Reverie , pria misterius dari dunia luar. Sayangnya, bukannya mengetahui keberadaan ibunya, Aria kehilangan sahabat baiknya Paisley dan Smarteye –gadget untuk terhubung ke dunia virtual Reverie, Realm, rusak padahal digadget itulah terdapat sebuah pesan penting dari ibunya. Tak hanya itu Aria diasingkan dari Reverie dan di bantu Perry yang kehilangan keponakannya, Talon, karena diculik oleh orang-orang Reverie. Mereka dua pun bekerja sama untuk mencari cara untuk menolong Talon dan ibunya Aria dengan memperbaiki Smarteye yang telah rusak. Tapi apa saja rahasia yang dapat terungkap dari Smarteye itu dan petualangan apa saja yang perlu mereka hadapi?

The first thing that caught me to buy this novel is the titles. Under the never sky, I love it. Astronomy meet the poem. And when I read the summary and found the description in Goodreads, it has all of my favorite genres.
Overall, the story is good. I love how the main characters changed and adapted because everything happened. The bond between Aria and Perry is stronger a bit by a bit .And I really love it because they know it and accepted their own feelings. Especially when they know many secrets that can affects their own lives.  and the other characters, like Roar and Cinder make the story more deeper. how they interact with Aria and Perry. Roar’s love for Perry’s sister and Cinder’s power. and of course the mysteries and more secrets still remain when they know Vale’s betrayal and what happened in Bliss when Aria already see her mother.
But at first , I admitted it that Aria kinda irritating, but anyway can you blame her? She didn’t know what outside like, and she just got kicked out by Reverie to live outside. And maybe Perry is the first outsider she meet. So actually her behavior is kinda normal maybe? But she is really funny when she contacted with Perry. How she didn’t believe that Perry is still 17 years old and when she learned the eatable berry.
I like Perry too. He is cool, I think. He really loves his nephew, siblings, and his people. And  feel sorry for him, when he always blamed himself for his mother dead. He has 2 super ability that can scenting emotions from their tempers-which are they called Scire and has a best vision in the dark.
And the story, I think this novel has a great story. Even it has a typical genre for YA novel, but actually it’s still fresh. When I read this novel, T didn’t feel that it similar to another dystopian novel. So my rating for this novel is….. 7,8/10


 reference: wikipedia.com , goodreads.com




0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment

    ごめん ~( ̄、 ̄;)~

    I'm sorry for my bad English..
    I really suck at grammar! (*- -)(*_ _)

    Just want to share (つ∀`)

    Just want to share (つ∀`)
    All link download I posted in here, is just sharing. Just sharing! I found in somewhere else in the world of internet.. Yeah I already said that.. And I said the source too . but maybe some link I forgot to put the source.. So forgive me.. And there are pictures and video I used too that not mine! But there are some files that I uploaded too .. although just few σ(´ω`*)

    雲雀 恭弥

    雲雀 恭弥

    けいら のプロフィール

    My Photo
    けいら
    Just a girl who addicted to Winnie The Pooh, Astronomy, Rock Band and Hibari Kyoya
    View my complete profile